Thursday, March 17, 2011

Interview with my Mom and Sister

I interviewed my sister Katie and my Mom about the day I broke my jaw and about the healing process.

1. What was your first thought when you saw me?
Mom: "There was so much blood that I didn't know what had happened to you. It scared me so bad."2. When did you first realize that I was hurt?
Mom: "I seen him walking up the yard with blood all over him and Justin was screaming my name."
Katie: "I was in my bedroom and I could hear screaming outside so I ran to see what was wrong."
3. How did you know it was serious?
Mom: "I knew it was serious because your chin was laying open and I could actually see your jaw bone."
Katie "I knew it was serious because you were screaming and crying and you never cry when you get      hurt."
4.Why did you decide to take me to the hospital?
Mom: "I knew you would have to have stitches and I was worried because you lost a lot of blood."
Katie: "I didn't go to the hospital with you but I knew you needed to go because in order to stop the bleeding   we had to lift the skin of your chin up in order to stop the bleeding."
5. What happened when I got to the hospital?
Mom: "When the doctor first seen you he asked what your pain was on a scale of 1-10 and you said 20. Then you got your stitches and we as we were leaving the hospital you told us that your jaw hurt really really bad. So your Dad and I went back to the doctor and told him and thats when they sent you for x-rays and we we found out that your jaw was broken on both sides."
6. Was I on any pain medication?
Mom: No we just gave you Ibuprofen and kept ice on your jaw.
7. What was I like with a broken jaw and stitches? How did I act?
Mom: "For the first two days you just layed on the couch pretty much all day because you were hurting so much. After that it didn't really slow you down. I had to force you to rest and you tried your best to get me to let you go outside and play."
8. Who took care of me while I was healing?
Mom: "The whole family, even your big brothers. We all catered to you and you loved it."
9. Has any other injuries that i have had ever topped this one?
mom: "Out of all your injuries this was was the worst. No one wants to see there son bleeding so much!"
10. How long did it take until I got back on my bike?
mom: "You wanted to get back on your bike after about a week but I said no. You weren't aloud to get back on your bike until the doctor cleared you which was about a month. You weren't scared to get back out there. We bought you a dirt bike helmet that you had to wear whenever you rode your bike because we were scared of you hurting your jaw again. You hated that helmet!"

2 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic interview. You are doing such a great job on your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems like a very scarry thing for your mom and sister. It sounded kind of painful to but its good that it didnt stop you for long.

    ReplyDelete